Tobi Eniafe, b. 1992 (Nigeria)
Are you a visual artist from Africa looking to sell your work through our platform? Sign up today to get started!
Born in Lagos (Nigeria) in 1992 and originated from Abeokuta. Eniafe Tobi is a contemporary artist whose line of growth span across observing various contemporary works done by different artist. Eniafe Tobi is a graduate from Yaba College of Technology (YCT), with a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Estate Management and valuation. Eniafe Tobi started out with animation drawing, exploring creativity from the act of telling imaginary stories before gearing into portrait works.
With no formal education in the field of visual art, Eniafe Tobi has mastered his craft to a reasonable extent with consistent practice. His works are largely based on human experience and how it tends to show our uniqueness, struggles and everyday challenges which brings about our realities
He explores his art with various mediums such as Charcoal, Acrylic paints, and compliments with fabrics sometimes. His mode of art medium as well as how he portrays his subjects signifies certain emotions per his narrative which is getting humanity to understand that our scars affect us and it is relative to how we see our environment.
He is affiliated with KUTA Nigeria, a community of artists that tends to explore their creativity and how it speaks to their environment
• Artwork ‘Young love’ and ‘Letter to a brother’ curated and exhibited by Cynthia Corbett Gallery 2022
• Artwork ‘letter to a brother’ curated by Jordan McDonough (Assistant Curator for Saatchi Art) which is inspired by Jacob Lawrence 2022
• Several works featured on Kuta Art social platform
• Artist Recognition (Featured work in a collection by Saatchi). 2022
• Featured for Young Masters Art Prize 2022
• Selected and featured in the international Fokus art insight magazine, Michigan, USA 2020
Got Artwork for Sale?
Are you an African visual artist looking to sell your work through our platform and get your profile featured? Sign up today to get started!